The National Career Service recommend to be a Private Investigator you should have experience working in an enforcement or investigative role, like with the police, armed forces or local authority.
A driving licence is usually essential for this type of work.
Skills required include:
- Good spoken and written communication skills
- Excellent Observational skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Self-confidence to present information in court
- Basic IT Skills
- Empathy with clients who may be distressed by your findings
Your cases could range from personal issues, like divorce, to company issues, like suspected theft. You’ll normally do background research, which may involve asking questions and analysing information.
Day to day duties might include:
- Monitoring people
- Fraud investigation (for example, for insurance or accident claims)
- Tracing missing people or pets
- Handling legal documents (process serving)
- Investigating commercial piracy
- Background checks on employees
These are the skills that Operatives within Hawk Detective Services possess and if you are reading this and think you would like to work with us in the future please feel free to get in touch.